As many of you know, I’m sick at the moment.
*Cough-cough, splutter, sneeze, sniffle.*
Head pounding, eyes straining, muscles aching.
Time passing as I get nothing done.
But it is not all bad, there are some up sides to the flu:
- Sleep – Sleep, sleep and more sleep. I slept for more than 15 hours in a 24 hour period. For a parent that is extraordinary.
- No Housework – Housework requires strength of some sort, of which I have none, so I guess the washing/dishes/vacuuming will have to wait.
- Personal Grooming – If you can barely move, let alone leave the house, there is absolutely no need to waste time or precious energy on so much as brushing your hair. Tooth brushing is the only task exempt from this, it is always necessary!!!
- Time – You can’t work, you can’t think straight, you have so much extra time on your hands: so why not read a book, watch some TV or get addicted to a ridiculous game on your phone? Yes, yes I did. See picture of the cat I rescued on my phone below.
- Being Waited On, Hand and Foot – My darling husband has spent his weekend doing my bidding, solo parenting and doing all the household tasks. This is not only good for my health but it makes me feel super loved.